Sarina Russo is the Founder & President of the Sarina Russo Group. In 1979, Sarina, a fired legal secretary, combined inspiration and desperation to open a small typing school to create her own job to pay her mortgage. She had just nine students. She promised them all jobs and she delivered.
Sarina said it’s amazing that someone who struggled at school and who couldn’t pass junior or senior English now runs a global employment, education, apprenticeship and training company employing over 1000 people.
To inspire entrepreneurs to passionately back themselves to reach the top, Sarina Russo has assembled 39 ‘See you at the Top!’ business tips to celebrate her 39th year in business.
SEE YOU AT THE TOP TIPS
- Accept who you are today, in pursuit of what you want to be tomorrow.
- Don’t blindly follow your conditioning. Disrupt yourself.
- Don’t let fear cloud your judgement. Accept risk if you can accept the worst-case scenario.
- Use empowering words in your self-talk.
- The power of self-belief creates a life full of opportunities.
- You’ll attract positive energy with an above average attitude.
- Work harder on yourself than on your job.
- Don’t be put off by pessimists.
- Never take it personally. Never think, why me?
- The pain of discipline weighs ounces. The pain of regret weighs tons.
- The major key to your future is you. To have more, become more.
- Success starts the moment you set yourself a goal with these words: I can … I will.
- Visualise yourself reaching that goal so clearly you can taste success.
- Never give up.
- Build relationships and always associate with positive people.
- It’s not what happens to you that matters, it’s what you do about it.
- Unlucky breaks can be lucky opportunities.
- Whenever you have a problem, don’t be too proud to ask for help.
- Be open to help and good advice – but let no one take over.
- Find a banker who looks not just at your assets, but what you have achieved.
- When you are entrusted with other people’s money, keep it safe and secure.
- Without integrity and self-respect you have nothing.
- Be the image-maker. Develop a presence. Be a leader who shows certainty.
- The speed of the leader determines the speed of the team.
- Have the final say in the recruitment of people for your business.
- When hiring put attitude first and skills second. Skills can be taught.
- Look and listen to the ‘buzz’ of your business.
- Don’t let you or your staff run out of challenges.
- Reward performance unstintingly.
- Give advice to others in your industry, to ensure its success.
- Don’t age-group yourself. Get a young person to reverse mentor you.
- Look after your brand and your brand will look after you.
- Look for milestones to celebrate your achievements.
- Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
- Never stop learning. Education is the key to your future.
- In the tough times, hold your self-belief and things will turn around.
- Continually assess your strengths, assess your weaknesses and disrupt yourself
- Safeguard your health and fitness.
- Take action today rather than tomorrow.
These tips from Sarina will help entrepreneurs perceive what they can achieve.
You can follow Sarina here:
Facebook – /SarinaRussoGlobal
LinkedIn – /in/SarinaRusso
Twitter – @SarinaRusso
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/Sarina.Russo/