Think about this…without content there is nothing to optimise and nothing to share on social sites.
Content marketing is the strategic marketing approach of creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
Benefits of Content Marketing
- Increases visibility of your brand
- Develops lasting relationships with your audience
- Improves brand awareness and recognition
- Creates loyalty and trust
- Helps you to build authority and credibility and positions your business as an expert in your industry
- Generates traffic to your site
- Opens a channel of communication through social shares and comments
- Helps your customer move through the purchase decision more quickly
- Provides value with no strings attached
1. Develop your content with your target audience in mind.
You should be creating different types of content based on where your target market is at the buying stage. And it must engage your main audience types.
2. Focus on quality content published regularly.
Set a schedule on how often you will publish content and what type you will focus on. And stick to it. Be realistic in how much time you can spend on content marketing based on your resources.
3. Produce content that is timeless so that it continues to work for you long term.
Publishing quality, evergreen content will continue to drive traffic to your website over a longer period of time.
4. Re-purpose your content across different content types.
Think about how you can use your core piece of content that you’ve created and turn it into other types of content.
For example, if you’ve created a blog, you can then:
- Do a Facebook Live
- Publish it on LinkedIn
- Take excerpts out of it to create Instagram posts
- Upload the Facebook Live you Youtube
5. Build your email list
Create lead magnets and valuable content that users are willing to exchange their email address for.
If you are creating content already, ask yourself these questions…
- Are you just trying to make content fit into your marketing processes?
- Is any of the content you already have worth scaling?
- Do you have a sustainable process – or simply a bunch of unrelated projects?
- Do you have the support we need to be successful?
Content marketing is a long term strategy that takes time for the results to be visible.