Erica Urquiaga has lived her life up to this point at an even 50/50 in the Philippines and Australia and is determined to give back and have a positive impact on both communities.
She launched Baked by Erica in 2016 to spread joy and happiness to those who have her delicious baked treats. 50% of Baked by Erica’s profits are used to undertake community projects in the Philippines. She is determined to change lives one cookie at a time!
Erica is taking part in the inaugural Pitch for Good in Perth, a live crowdfunding event, through her Food for Thought Program, where she is hoping to raise raise $10,000.
The Food for Thought program will:
- Be providing meals once a month to 430 primary school students of Don Jose Aguirre Elementary School (78 of students are currently classified as malnourished)
- Lessons and activities will encompass a whole range of topics (environment, recycling, nutrition, art. etc) but the main driver will be to encourage the growth mindset in these kids. To get them believing in their own skills and capabilities to change their life. To change the way they live and the way they think.
- The meals, lessons and activities will be delivered once a month for the next school year (June 2019 to March 2020)
- The activities will encourage the kids to explore ways to express what they have learned for the month through drawing or through words and turn those into products we can then sell to fund future delivery of the program.
The Food for Thought program is a baby step short to medium term goal for Baked by Erica. The big hairy audacious goal being a cafe and shop enterprise which will train, employ, educate, and provide livelihood opportunities for those living in poverty.
How YOU can help:
Support the fundraising campaign.
You can donate straight into the campaign or choose one of the many rewards. The rewards range from single cookie packs, to 2019 12 month subscription and also Christmas cookie gift packs. The rewards offer a full range to fit every budget and are the perfect gifts for friends, family, colleagues, employees or clients… or something for a “treat yourself” kinda day.
Sharing the link across social media.
You know what it’s like, sharing is definitely caring and just getting the word out to everyone’s circle really helps expand.
Biz in a Cookie Jar raffle
To help Erica smash her goal, amazing business owners have donated their services to help change the lives of hundreds of children and to help YOU kick butt in your small business adventure.
How do you get your hands on this amazing Biz in a Cookie Jar raffle? Follow the easy steps:
- Support the Baked by Erica Food for Thought campaign on Com by selecting a reward. You can select any of the rewards, with the “$10 I am awesome” option as the starting point.
- As it is an all our nothing campaign, entries become official when we hit our fundraising goal on November 9, 2018.
- Winner will be drawn and notified on November 13, 2018.
To assist Erica in reaching her goal visit https://startsomegood.com/baked-by-erica-food-for-thought-pilot-program